Monday, September 22, 2008

$700 Billion Bail-out for Wall Street


When I came out of the subway today at bowling green I was greeted by this

I heard that number on the radio today and I could not believe it. I had to go online to The New York Times to check it. That is the biggest number I have ever heard talking about one thing.

The most ominous measure in the Bush proposed bill (ironically titled section 13) reads like this:

"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

So that's the end of democracy. Let's look for a new definition:

"A philosophy or system of government that is marked by stringent social and economic control, a strong, centralized government usually headed by a dictator, and often a policy of belligerent nationalism."

Hey, we are getting closer!

No comments: