Thursday, August 11, 2005

Grace Dental Clinic

Well, she certainly did a good job. I feel like the sun is shining inside my mouth. The office was snazzy too. It was completely modern and spotlessly clean. It was the kind of place that made you wonder if your shoes were good enough. Fortunately they make you remove them before you go into the examination room.

Her name is Jarunee Wattanakra and she is the best dentist I ever had. She explained everything to me. She offered me options. She was painless. She had big color diagrams of teeth which she used to discribe what she was going to do and what she had done. She answered all of my questions without treating me like an annoying idiot. We spoke in Thai, in German and in English.

The best part for me was the price. In New York it is unaffordable for me to go to the dentist. I certainly would never say things like:
"Do whatever needs to be done."
She examined and cleaned all of my teeth down below the gum line.She polished them. Then she talked to me about a polyp I had on the inside of my gum. It had been there for years. She said it wasnt imperative that I have it removed but that sometimes they can cause problems later. She said it could be removed with a lazer. It would be painless and the advantage over a knife is that it would not bleed and would not require stitches. The whole proceedure would take about ten minutes.
"Get rid of it." I said. And it was done. The cleaning cost me 1,200 bhat. The surgery 2,000 bhat. The medicene, (pain killers, anti bacterial mouth wash) 30 bhat. The total in U.S dollars? Eightyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you find out for me what the price range would be for two implants (next to each other) on the lower left?

Anonymous said...

I'm the one who used to go to chinagmai and had the dental treatment.The impressive dental clinic that I found was Fortune Dental Clinic.The prices are reasonable,cheaper than that of Grace Dental Clinic.Most of denists are professors and lecturer in Chiangmai University.You can find out for more information on the web at
http://www.fortunedentalclinic-thailand.com
You won't be disappointed!

bugpowder said...

Thanks for the tip about fortune. The girls at reception look just as cute as well. If you want to find out about implants contact them yourself directly.

http://www.gracedentalclinic.com/contactus.html