Sunday, August 17, 2008

hill beyond the pool

This is a view from one of the terraces of Maria Elena's house on the island of Kea.

I traveled by bus from Vouliagmeni to the island. I had to be at the roadside station with my bags at 6:50am. We were making good time but then the bus stopped at Sunio and the Temple of Posideon. We had to wait there from 8:15 until 8:30. The ferry left at 9am and it was at least another 15 minutes to Lavrion where the ferry docked. We got there with 10 minutes to spare. Of course the person in front of me in the line had to have a big discussion with the cashier. It seemed important, like having to do with China and the Dali Lama or a solution the the Arab-Israeli conflict. I bought my ticket and ran down the dock making the ramp just before the hauled it up.

No comments: