Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I am staying in the tower

I was only supposed to stay until tuesday but Nick and Mem invited me to stay until I left Greece. This was pefect for me. I am not the kind of traveler who likes to go everywhere and see nothing. I prefer to stay in one place and really get a feel for it. I like to have lazy days where I get up early and practice yoga, read the paper, play guitar then sleep in the afternoon.

I was by myself the first night at the house. Nick and Mem had some things they had to attend to back in Athens. There was a terrific wind storm. The ocean far below the house was covered with white caps. Every door and window in the house was rattling. It was like an army of lunatics were trying to break in. I described it to Nick when he got back:
"This place is loaded with ghosts." I told him.
"How can it have ghosts? It's a new house." He said.
"It's not the house that's haunted." I said. "It's the island."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you again!!!
We had a great time: music, food, trips, swimming, ghosts...
Hope to see you soon.

Peace

Nick (ngargoulas@epem.gr)

PS: pictures & text are great!!!